Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back in the saddle for another EZ Rider Season also means a new DIET to shed the excess BLUBBER!!!

The past weekend, I wimped out on the 2nd EZ Rider Saturday get together due to near freezing temperatures forecast and the hint of hail and snow witnessed the Friday afternoon. Nevertheless, Sunday rolled around and +13 was just enough excuse for this gal to saddle up again.

I went out solo but definitely not alone. The trails were filled with people just Getting Out There be it walking, biking, on their roller blades, or even jogging. They were out with their friends, their families, their partners, and their canines. What a beautiful afternoon it was.

My legs were wobbly and it will certainly take me some serious discipline to shed off an accumulation of too much love for apple pie and poutine this past winter. Today, as I grasp my loose buttocks and pinch an unwanted belly, I've decided to commit to more 'quick' rides after work (weather permitting) and immediate diet changes.

The new diet would actually mean absolutely NO SUGAR, WHEAT, DAIRY, or COFFEE... plenty of FISH, NUTS, FRUIT, and VEGGIES plus a minimum of 6 glasses of water EVERY DAY for at least 1 week consecutively! Oy! If this doesn't clean my gut and kick start my metabolism, I don't know what will!

Although, I'm not known to be a quitter...Meh, we'll see how long I can sustain this for. Giggles. For all you readers out there I'm very happy to report that today is my Day 1 of my new diet and so far so good. I've been eating like a rabbit and craving donuts every other hour but rest assured, I did not cheat. Yay! LOL ;)

Be well and stay healthy boys and girls. Tomorrow is another new day!

No comments: